Seed crackers with lentils (Fröknäcke med linser)
Updated: Apr 29
1 dl sunflower seeds
1 dl pumpkin kernels
1 dl sesame seeds
1/2 dl chia seeds
1 dl red lentils
2 dl linseeds
2-4 tbsp psyllium husk
1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
1 tsp turmeric (optional)
Pinch of salt (eg. Himalaya)
~5 dl freshly boiled water
1. Pre-soak sunflower seeds, pumpkin kernels and lentils in water overnight. Rinse several times.
2. Combine with other dry ingredients. Stir through coconut/olive oil. Pour boiled water over seed mix. Stir to combine and let sit for 10min.
3. Spread out on baking paper to cover two baking trays (3-5mm thick), smoothing with a silicon spatula or similar (add more water if it is too thick to spread).
4. Bake at 150°C for ~45 min. Remove from oven, slice into slices, flip pieces upside down and return to oven for further drying at 100-150°C for 30min or until dry. Open oven door regularly to aid release of water vapour. Allow to cool in oven with oven door wedged open.
5. Store in air-tight container.
Tip. Opening the oven occasionally during baking may help water vapour escape. Baking at a lower temp for a longer time is also an option, or alternatively drying with a dehydrator for a raw seed cracker.